Life-ID's laboratory and offices are located in the IIC building at the Ghent University Industrial Park ("Technologiepark"), on the campus Ardoyen in Zwijnaarde, which is just next to the "Zwijnaarde" interchange between the E17 (Antwerpen-Kortrijk) and E40 (Brussel-Oostende) freeways.
- Coming from Brussels or Oostende on the E40 (or from Antwerp), take the southward E17 exit (direction Kortrijk) at the "Zwijnaarde" interchange and take exit #8 "De Pinte - Zevergem" to the N60 towards Gent
- Coming from Antwerp or Kortrijk on the E17 take exit #8 "De Pinte - Zevergem" to the N60 towards Gent
- On the N60, continue for 4 km towards Gent, passing three traffic lights before arriving at the elongated roundabout
- Turn right at the 2nd exit into the main entrance of the "Technologiepark Rijksuniversiteit Gent", also called "Tech Lane".
- Continue straight past the roundabout, then turning right at the fourth crossing. On your right hand side (destination sign ), you will see building A6c ("IIC"), where you will be welcomed at the reception desk.
By Public Transportation
From the Gent Sint-Pieters railway station, several buses from "De Lijn" (Lines 70, 71, 72 every 10-15mins, and 47, 49 with much lower frequency) leave in the direction of Zwijnaarde. These buses stop at the "Campusstraat" near the third campus side entrance. Alternatively, tram line #2 will take you from the front of the railway station to Zwijnaarde stop "Molen". After turning right, and a 300m walk along Tramstraat will also get you to the campus side entrance.
From the gate, you will see the Innovatie- en IncubatieCentrum ("IIC") building after 100m on your left. It is surrounded by a dark green fence.
On-line time schedules ("route planners") can be found on the railway and local transit websites. Better yet, the mobile apps from the NMBS (iPhone, Android) or from De Lijn (iPhone) will provide the most up-to-date info.
Cookies and Privacy
Life-ID ensures that your privacy is well-protected, also in accordance with recent privacy regulations. Learn more on our privacy precautions here.